About this course
This course aims to introduce you to information and cyber security. You will learn and apply concepts in information and cyber security through examples and scenarios. At the end of the course, you will be able to articulate the importance of, and adopt appropriate information and cyber security measures.
Credit Unit: N/A
Kindly note that this course is exclusively available only for NSF.
Course Access Period
Please note that this is an online self-paced asynchronous course where learners will be granted one month of access from the enrolment date.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain what is information and cyber security with confidence.
- Discuss the importance of sound information and cyber security practices by using case examples and scenarios.
- Explain how to incorporate business continuity principles into daily tasks.
- Review the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) triad.
- Apply the prevent-detect-correct approaches to mitigate information and cyber security threats in various business and personal situations.
- Apply business continuity strategies to prevent-detect-correct information and cyber security threats.
You must complete three quizzes and achieve a passing score of 50%. You will be given multiple attempts to achieve the passing score. The system will only capture the highest of the scores.